Wednesday 26 November 2014

Tag Swap November: Artist's Choice

When I first signed up for a tag swap organized by the Google+ community Creating and Sharing Mixed Media Art, I didn't realize just how much fun it was going to be! Thanks +Becky Wentworth   for talking me into it! The reason I was a bit reluctant at first is because I had never created a tag before. I know, how crazy is that?! Now that I got into it, I find it a very rewarding experience.

Today I'd like to share with you the tag I created for +Gerda Frankes, my first swap partner. If you would like to see what Gerda sent me in return, please follow this link.

The theme this month was Artist's Choice, so we could create anything we wanted. I chose a sentiment which is very close to my heart "Create art every day". Art makes me happy and creating something every single day, however big or small, allows me to be happy pretty much all the time. I'm permanently excited and busy with my projects, full of enthusiasm and keen to discover something new every day. I wanted to convey this message to Gerda.

I started by covering a tag with my gelli prints front and back. First I removed the little circle from the top and stuck it back after punching the hole. This created a seamless background on which to build on. A lot less intimidating than a blank surface to start with! I used old dictionary pages with matching words from the title and made word tiles out of polymer clay which I decorated with mica powders. I tried to match the colour tone of my gelli prints which is purple with golden shimmer. I inked the edges of the book papers with vintage photo distress ink and I rubbed bronze gilding wax on the edge of the tag. I added some crochet ribbons and prima flowers to complete the look. Here are some photos of my creation:

Without flash


With flash - you can see the metallic shimmer better




I covered the envelope with gelli prints as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.