Friday 7 November 2014

WOIW: Forgiveness

The inspirational word for this weeks's challenge in the Kraafters Kommunity is FORGIVENESS. At first I thought this was going to be a tough one, but once I started thinking about it, I just couldn't stop myself. I've created not one, not  two, but THREE pages simultaneously. They do look somewhat similar as I used scraps of one in another, so these pages sort of bounce off each other. They are in three separate journals.

What prompted me to be so prolific this morning is actually a negative experience I went through yesterday. I received an email informing me that I didn't get a job that I was convinced I was going to get. Not being able to sleep very well, I got up early feeling really depressed. I browsed through some of the job ads online and felt even more depressed - I was on the brink of crying and despair. I'm so sick and tired of looking for a job.

Then I checked my G+ feed and came across this post by +Beth Lee Browning. She describes how art has helped her through difficulties and gave her the strength to carry on and how things finally started happening for her. I was so totally inspired by this that I threw myself into the "Forgiveness" challenge. I also knew exactly what my sentiment would be: forgive yourself.  All too often we keep punishing ourselves for our past mistakes. Until we can forgive ourselves and realize that we are worthy, we won't be able to progress and be happy. This is especially true for me as a number of bad decisions have led me where I am now, which I have to take full responsibility for. Then again, I may be moving in the right direction, I just haven't realized it yet! Perhaps, I am exactly where I need to be! I know with absolute certainty that without giving up my previous job, I wouldn't have discovered my passion for art and mixed media. Now I just have to find my way forward.

I went for a walk this morning after having dropped off my son at school. We live in the countryside and I often do this. I like to be alone with my thoughts and I often think about my projects and blog posts while out walking. It started raining and even though I had an umbrella with me, I didn't open it. That well-known (and probably a little overused) quote kept swirling in my head: "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain." I will try and remind myself of that every single day!

Now, I would like to share with you my three pages. There's no rhyme or reason to explain why I did what I did. This is just what came out of me and I enjoyed every minute of it! Hope you do too!















No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.