Sunday 24 January 2016

Inspiration Wednesday: Free to Create

This week's Inspiration Wednesday by Donna Downey involved stamping on texture paste, clustering, and burning(!) some page elements. I used some pieces that were lying around my desk, having created them just a few days ago, namely some stamped tea bags and a translucent clay tile. This seemed like a good opportunity to incorporate them in my page design. I burned the edges of the tag and the ribbons and I liked it! Such a bad-ass technique! I'm sure I will be using it again in future projects.

This type of clustering with lots of empty space is new for me, though  I have long admired such layouts. The thing is, I find it challenging to leave large areas empty, but I'm working on it. I'm hoping that by taking Donna's inspiration prompts, I will be venturing away from my comfort zone and be challenged to try new techniques. This is what I came up with this week:







If I want to be self-critical, I would say I should have shifted the cluster a bit further down to be closer to the rule of thirds, but then all that empty space at the top would have scared me even more! This was a fun project and I quite enjoyed working outside of my comfort zone. I can't wait for Donna's next video in two weeks' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.