Tuesday 12 January 2016

Let's Play: Altered Cards

Today I'm sharing three of my 'angel cards'. They come from an angel deck, which I've been altering with my own designs. The sentiments come from the back of the cards. I'm hoping by the end of the year I will have worked my way through all 50 of them. I like altering them in small batches of 3-4 cards at a time. This way, the cards in each batch will have a similar appearance. They are larger than regular sized playing cards, at about 5 3/4 X 4 inches.

I'm linking this project to Carolyn Dube's Let's Play Link Party. The challenge this month is 'use something that you would have thrown away'. No, it's not the cards! I bought them specifically for this purpose. It's my palette paper that I otherwise would have thrown away but instead I used it as collage paper for the background. This way, not a drop of paint goes to waste! The sparkly bits are mica flakes, which I have recently discovered and developed a mild obsession about!

Hop over to Carolyn's blog to see some more inspiring projects and link your own!


 





This is what the original cards look like


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.