Thursday 28 January 2016

Let's Play: Using left-over paint

I'm a bit late linking up with Carolyn Dube's Let's Play party this week, but better late than never! The January theme of using something that you would have thrown away continues. On this spread, I only used left-over paints from my pallette, which was a piece of deli paper. I first smudged the wet paint on my pages, then I collaged the deli pieces on top, once they were dry. I could never get this sort of random, distressed look on purpose otherwise!

Last week I worked on a page and I couldn't be bothered to find a piece of deli, so I just squirted my paints on a non-stick craft sheet. I really regretted doing this because all those yummy paints dried on my sheet and went to waste. I had no choice but scrub them away and wash them down the sink. This is not only bad for the environment, but it was also a lost opportunity for me to transfer all that colour into my artwork. So never again! I will always, always, always use a separate piece of paper for my palette from now on. Deli paper works best but it can be any other paper suitable for collaging.

Here's the page I created with my left-over paints. I simply stencilled some white flowers on the background and roughly outlined them. This was a very quick project and made me happy! My Play Journal is now almost full!





 







If you would like to join Carolyn's link party just  click the image below!

Let's Play!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.