Friday 26 February 2016

LifeBook Week09: 5-minute watercolour flowers

This week on LifeBook we had a bonus lesson by Martha Lever, who showed how to paint quick and easy watercolour flowers in a pot. It was much easier than I anticipated! Part of the charm is that we let the watercolours do their thing and later when they are dry roughly outline the shapes for more definition. You can't really do this wrong!

These are my first tries, and although I wanted to do a few more cards, I got distracted by other projects, so these will have to do for now. I'm not sure how I will include them in my LifeBook, but I'll find a way. Instead of a stitched border, I just quickly outlined the edges. It takes too long to set up my sewing machine and these days I seem to have the patience of a two-year-old. It's only because I'm so excited by other projects! I still feel like a kid in a candy store who wants to try all the sweets and I keep running from one jar to the other! So much about my words for this year: balance, focus, direction, LOL!

Here are my three cards. They are about 4" X 5" in size. Happy Friday!






NOTE:  thank you all who have left comments on this blogpost. Due to a Google error, they were not published, but I did get the notifications. Hopefully, this glitch will sort itself out soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.