Wednesday 16 March 2016

WOYWW #354: Altered book cover

Hello everyone on this lovely spring morning! I'm here again to link up with WOYWW.  Please send some positive energy to Julia, our kind and generous hostess, who's been quietly battling with a debilitating medical condition while still tirelessly hosting the link-up for us. Get well soon, Julia!

Here's a snapshot of my desk taken on Tuesday morning. Oreo is noticeably absent, as he was at the vet's undergoing a little procedure at around the exact same time. I never thought I would miss his antics so much! He's back now, minus his balls. My son remarked that he can actually walk properly now without them getting in the way.


So what's on my desk? I was fitting a piece of batik on a book cover, which will be the cover for a Photo Art Journal inspired by a Wanderlust lesson. It is a long-term project and it will probably take a few months to complete. This project really makes my heart beat faster, as it's something I feel very passionate about: showcasing my own digitally modified photos in my art. I will share more details  as I progress.

For now I'll show you the completed cover, which I'm very happy with. The gel medium stuck the fabric firmly in place, even getting into the grooves of the spine. I always disliked that red book and this is a great way to upcycle something unpleasant into something you can treasure.






I'll leave you with a funny snippet of Oreo earlier this week, with his manhood still intact.
Thanks for visiting! Hope you have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.