Wednesday 30 March 2016

WOYWW #356: Failed pages transformed

Hello Deskers! I missed last week's WOYWW - the first time since I returned back in September. I got stuck in a creative rut, full of self-doubt with a string of "failed" projects behind me. I'm not completely out of it yet, but I feel a lot more positive about things now as I try to get back on track.

Here's a photo of my desk a few days ago. What you can see on the left are some cards I cut out from my doomed pages. If they had been just pages in my journal, I would have been happy with them but because they were created for a specific lesson, they fell short of my expectations. I like them a lot more now that I had cut them into pieces. I will slap a quote on each and bob's your uncle!


You can also see some pallette papers, home-made stencils and some new purchases on my desk and if you're eagle-eyed, you can spot my son's practice SAT papers as well. He's more likely to work through them if I keep him company on this side of the table. But you're not here to practice maths, so I'll show you what I did with my failed pages. They look remarkably similar, proving that I was well and truly stuck!

The first one I cut into cards that happen to be the same size as my Angel Cards, so I can include them in that stack. They're just waiting for a suitable quote to complete them. I got three of them out of the A4 sheet. I used my trusted corner rounder tool to round off the corners.

"Fail" No.1. (A4)
Three cards cut from Fail No1.

I cut the other sheet into nine ATC-sized cards. These are a lot smaller, so I'll probably just put a word or short phrase on each. "Failure is not an option" comes to mind!

"Fail" No.2. (A4)
Nine ATC sized cards cut from Fail No.2.
Next time you find yourself discarding a project, stop and consider cutting them into pieces instead. You might just give them a new form of life!

I'll leave you with a video clip I took on Easter Monday while visiting Dewstow Gardens in Wales. It's well-worth a visit if you live within striking distance.


Hope you all had a lovely Easter and are now getting back into the swing of things.
Thanks for visiting! I always visit everyone who leaves a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.