Saturday 27 August 2016

LifeBook week #34: Whimsy Flowers with Roben-Marie

I haven't been able to create much in the past two weeks due to holidays and other family commitments, and this fun LB lesson from last week by Roben-Marie Smith was just what I needed to put me back on track. I'm a big fan of Roben-Marie's loose style - scribbles and all! I thoroughly enjoyed the process and had a great time creating this page for my LifeBook.

It includes collage pieces from my gelli prints and book pages, lots of gesso, some fluid acrylics and Stabilo All watercolour pencils for scribbles and outlines. I wrote my journalling on tissue paper and attached it with matte medium. Halfway through the process, it looked rather messy and non-descript, but it all fell together when I toned down the background and added some colour and outlines. I also added a piece of altered ribbon to the top of the vase, which was a leftover piece from another project, matching my colour scheme. Working on this page made me so happy!







 

Thanks for visiting!
Have a whimsical weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.