Sunday 25 September 2016

LifeBook Week 38/39: Soulhouse & Guardian Angel

Today I'm sharing two new pages from my LifeBook.

The first one was inspired by last week's lesson by Melody Ross, co-founder of Brave Girls Club. The lesson was titled Beautiful Boundaries, and although I deviated from the concept a little, I've found the 'soulhouse' idea very inspirational. The words in the windows of my soulhouse represent the qualities I value in people. People who are opposite to these qualities are not allowed in my soulhouse.

This is actually my second attempt at this lesson. The first one turned into a bit of a rant at the type of people I don't want to be around and I didn't want to be so negative. My second try focuses on the positive qualities and depicts my happy place. I textured the layout with a stencil and some gesso and painted over it when it was dry. The entire picture is paper pieced, so it was quite easy. I used patterned papers, dictionary papers and gelli prints. I like its simplicity!






The second page I want to share is this week's lesson by Ivy Newport. It started out as a self-portrait painting over my own face but I got into a pickle and had to gesso over the face and start again. I kept working on it, until I produced something passable. Here's how it turned out in the end. It's not great but it's good enough for my LifeBook. As long as I don't cringe every time I look at it, I consider it acceptable! 




Thanks so much for visiting! 
I hope you're all having a wonderful and creative weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.