Sunday 8 January 2017

Wanderlust Week 01: Journal Page Creative Confidence

This is my second year on Wanderlust. Even though I didn't have time to complete all the projects last year, I felt I got plenty out of the course to justify signing up again this year. Plus, I couldn't resist the alumni offer and the amazing artist line-up this year! So here I am again, with the first assignment: a journal page about my artistic goals this year.

Kasia gave us some pointers and prompted us to write down what we hope to achieve in our artistic journey in 2017. Then she asked us to identify the key words and construct a title. I came up with "to grow in creative confidence". I stamped this with a mixture of upper and lower case letters to make it look more groovy, similar to her page.

I also applied Kasia's technique of incorporating collage elements by glazing them with the same colour as the background, which was Prussian Blue for me. The only other colour I used was Glorious Gold by DecoArt. I've had this paint for years but I never liked it, as frankly, it hasn't got good coverage, so I tried mixing it with gesso and, wow, what a transformation! It wasn't a poor quality metallic gold any more but this beautiful greyish taupe colour which I absolutely loooove! Here's a photo of it:


I also really liked the idea of using stencils as stamps by rolling paint over them and stamping with them. You get a very different effect this way than if you were to use them in the traditional way. I decided to put this spread in my new altered book  and I will probably continue to use it for all my Wanderlust pages. Which made me wonder whether I should change the cover to suit this style of journalling more? I might just do that - watch this space!

Here are some photos of my first spread. (Two of the collage images are famous daVinci sketches and I downloaded the doorway image from here - I'm just hoping they don't mind - I really should start using my own images, so then I wouldn't have to worry about copyrights.) See what I did with the house number? Clever, huh? That's my doorway in to 2017!







Thanks for visiting and Happy Sunday!
I'll be back next week with a WOYWW post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please leave a comment below.